Style Pilot Team
We are a team of search experts, engineers and top UK stylists. Our aim is to create a tool that genuinely helps men to navigate fashion.
Jim Cruickshank, Founder & CEO Previously:
- Director of Product Management on Bing Shopping & Travel International for Microsoft – managed a $50m product search business (including Bing Shopping and Ciao) and launched new product search businesses in markets across Europe, Asia and North America.
- General Manager, Multimap.com (B2C Worldwide) and built a fast growing B2C location search business before being acquired by Microsoft.
- Group Marketing and Digital Director for GCap Media Plc (a radio group, including Classic FM & XFM) – built a digital business from scratch that grew to generate 10% of group profit.
- Founded and successfully sold an online property search business, Smove.com, to Norwich Union and went on to become Marketing and Commercial Director of NU’s property portals, AssertaHome.com and PropertyFinder.com.
Clare Watson – Style Director Previously:
- Owner of Miss Dress (personal shopping co.), Celebrity Stylist (e.g. Maria Carey Renee Zelwegger & Daniel Craig), Media Stylist (e.g. BBC What Not To Wear, Channel 4 & Guardian) and Fashion Stylist (e.g. ASOS, Glamour, Grazia and Hello).
Rory Bernard – COO Previously:
- A background in electronics and computer science from Europe’s leading computer science department at Southampton University followed by working for one of their first commercial spin offs. In 1995 he co-founded and was CEO for Aspect Technologies, a London based internet software development company that specialised in developing internet based systems for large enterprises. The company made a number of successful acquisitions to become one of the country’s largest independent internet software companies before the sale in 2005 to LBi, a publically listed European/US company.
Jon Bennett – Brand Director Previously:
- Online Buying Director at Tesco Fashion, Menswear Buyer at Matalin, Topman and River Island.
Nick Beitner - CTO Previously:
- Dr. Nick Beitner: Has over 20 years software engineering experience and holds a PhD in Hypermedia Information management systems from the University of Southampton. During that period Nick played a pivotal role in the development of hypermedia software, a precursor to the web today, which later gained a coveted European ITEA Award for Technology. In 1995 he was CTO and cofounder of Aspect Technologies which grew into LBi, one of Europe’s largest full services digital agencies. Nick has steered many clients through the technology choice process, has masterminded their technical architecture and led their application development.
Pete Smith – Design Director
- Peter is a highly experienced graphic and UI designer. Formerly Creative Director at Capital Radio Group (now Global Radio) and set up a digital team responsible for building radio players & websites for radio stations e.g. XFM, Capital FM.
- Greg Tufnell – Ex. MD of Peter Werth, Mothercare and Burton
- Andy King - Ex. MD of Menswear at Arcadia (Topman, Burton)
- Nick Ede – Fashion PR agency owner, celebrity stylist and TV star (Catwalk 24 chief judge)
- Jason Leung – Men’s fashion stylist, lecturer at London College of Fashion, fashion editor of Volt magazine, formerly senior stylist at Guardian
- Catherine Hayward – Fashion Editor at Esquire magazine
- Jay Hunt – Celebrity stylist and ex C4 style TV presenter
- Sean Murray – Retail marketing consultant, ex. Head of Marketing at Moss Bros and Tesco Fashion