IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU AGREE THAT ANY PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
- Who we are
- Collection of your personal information
- Our use of your personal information
- Communication of your information to third parties
- data collected through this website
- Disclosure of your personal information
- Data access and corrections
- Unauthorised third party access to your personal information
- Links to other websites
- Transfer of data abroad
- Governing law
Who we are
This website is operated by Style Pilot Limited, 86 Shelgate Road, London SW11 1BQ, United Kingdom (“Style Pilot”).
Personal information means information which identifies you, and includes information such as your name, email address, password, style DNA, clothes and shoes sizes, measurements and preferences.
Collection of your personal information
If you are not registered with us, the information we collect about you is limited. Please refer to section 7 below, detailing the anonymous data we collect.
If you register with us, you will be provided with personalised styling to assist you when buying your clothes through our platform. You may also benefit from future added features of our website. In addition to the non-personal information described above under “Unregistered Users”, we will collect personal information including your name, email address, sex, clothes sizes, measurements, password, style DNA and preferences.
Once you are registered with us, you will have the possibility to save items and outfits in your personal Locker (Locker). You will therefore have the possibility to provide us with additional information about you such as your measurements and your product and brand preferences.
- Unregistered Users
Our use of your personal information
We will only use your personal information to fulfil your requests for information, your order or to send you updates within our stylist services to which you have subscribed [insert hyperlink to website Ts and Cs – section 1.5]. We will only process data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for personal information it may include the following purposes:
- we may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
- we may send you requested information on our products and services;
- we may use your personal information to process your order;
- we may use your personal information for marketing purposes;
- we may communicate your personal information to our retailer partners for marketing purposes or
- we may use your personal information internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
Communication of your information to third parties
By providing us your personal information, you acknowledge that we will communicate it to our retail partners for advertising purposes. This information will include your name, email address, style DNA, measurements and preferences.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail us at the address given below with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading. firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also wish to write to us at the address given below, under section 14 “feedback”.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, we will hold your contact details on file marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website.
We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Likewise, if you reached our website by clicking on a link or advertisement on another website, we also log that information. This assists us to maximize our Internet exposure as well as understand the interests of our users. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate: it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Our website includes advertisements of a commercial nature, in particular about goods provided by our retail partners. Some of these advertisements will be targeting you on the basis of your profile data communicated to us when registering with us and regularly updated by you when accessing your user account.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
Disclosure of your personal information
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, your personal information may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal information in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- We may also disclose your personal information to other businesses who may wish to receive and use research data about you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our flotation on a stock exchange, sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, disposal of all or part of our assets or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
- Where you have consented, we may share your personal information with other companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
In the event of a merger/acquisition or company reorganisation, the user data may be part of the transferred assets and are likely to be disclosed to the new company.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you, for which we may make a charge as allowed by applicable law.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that you tell us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at our registered address or email address below.
Requests to delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Unauthorised third party access to your information
Despite the security measures we have in place to protect your personal data (firewalls, password access and encryption methods) you acknowledge that your personal information may be accessed by unauthorized third party, e.g. as a result of an illegal activity.
In the unlikely event of such access, we may notify you via email (using the address you have provided us) of such occurrence.
Links to other websites
Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently United Kingdom), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.